Safeguarding in Faith Charities
6 February @ 9:30 am - 10 February @ 2:00 pm
The Charity Commission is the regulator of charities in England and Wales. Our Faith Charities Outreach Team will be delivering a series of webinars for faith charities, such as places of worship and supplementary schools.
This webinar, for charity trustees and managers of faith charities, will outline the Charity Commission’s safeguarding expectations and the steps that trustees should take in order to protect staff, volunteers and those connected with their charity, from harm.
It will provide an overview of the following topics:
• Understanding what makes places of worship vulnerable
• Charity Commission expectations around safeguarding
• Reporting serious incidents
• Vetting potential staff & volunteers
• Plus, signposting to where you can get further help and guidance
Please note that the webinar is intended as an overview. It will not provide bespoke advice on the specific information required in an individual charity’s child protection policies. This will depend on the individual charity’s activities and circumstances and trustees should seek their own specialist advice where necessary.