New group beginning May 2018
Utilising coaching, mentoring and management techniques, the programme aims to:
- Develop a cohort of peers to learn from and with each other
- Facilitate an exploration of needs, motivations and skills which will develop each individual member
- Give each member regular opportunities for reflective practice
- Offer a non-judgemental environment, with defined outcomes, goals and progress evaluation against individually set goals
The Reshet Professional Development Programme will equip members with excellent skills, which will be utilised to create a ‘mentoring and coaching cascade’.
Criteria to apply
- Your work must impact, directly or indirectly on Jewish Youth Provision.
- You must manage people, either professionals or volunteers.
- You must commit to mentoring/coaching others in the community in the future.
- The programme is not open to lay leaders or sabbatical workers.
The Reshet Mentoring Network will be facilitated by Brian Chernett, Founder and CEO of Ella Forums. Ella forums were set up in 2013 by Brian Chernett, the Founder of The Academy for Chief Executives. Brian’s work has helped thousands of CEOs achieve measurable results for their organisations via a holistic leadership development programme. The tried and tested methods that worked for leaders in the commercial sector have been adapted to inspire leaders in charities and social enterprises. Reshet will be working in partnership with Ella Forums to deliver a high calibre programme.
Programme – speakers and members sessions
The programme will run from May 2018. Group meeting are for 3 hours every month.
There will be speaker sessions, led by innovative and creative leaders. Each participant will benefit from a variety of external speakers and trainers who will share their expertise on a specific subject.
Learning Action Set sessions
There will be action learning set sessions, where members of the group will explore their own issues in a confidential space. These sessions will be facilitated. The combination of skills training, reflective practice, group process and support, will offer group members excellent professional development and growth.
One to one coaching/mentoring
There will be one to one coaching/mentoring sessions during the programme. These sessions may be day or evening. The dates/times and length of meetings will be set by you and your mentor.
After completing the programme, each participant will:
- Have widened their personal and professional networks – both with peers and external speakers/trainers
- Developed and enhanced their reflective practice skills
- Have experienced models of mentoring and coaching which they will be able to utilse going forward to coach and mentor others
- Learned a variety of new skills
- Engaged in solution based problem solving
- Met and cultivated a meaningful peer group
- The work of each participant will positively impact on Jewish Youth Provision.
- The cost of the programme is £99.00. Subsidies are available if cost is a barrier to participation. Please discuss in confidence with Shelley.
- Travel costs are not included in the programme costs.
These dates might change, ample notice will be given.
Attending every session is essential.
May group application process closing May 21st, 2018.